The Fox Cities Cycling Association works to make the Fox Cities a great place to ride. Our areas of focus include the Five E’s:
- Encouragement (free rides open to everyone in our community)
- Education (free biking seminars)
- Engineering (expansion of local bike facilities)
- Enforcement (Appleton Bike Ambassador program)
- Evaluation & Planning (promoting the Bicycle Friendly America program)
For specific ways we are making the Fox Valley a better place to ride, check out our 2015 FCCA Plans.
Want to get involved? Check out our events page for our schedule of monthly meetings and fun rides offered throughout the year. Below are a few featured events going on in the Fox Valley right now!
Bike Week Fox Valley is a full week of bike events to celebrate all things cycling in the Fox Valley. See the list below or check out the Bike Week – Fox Valley Facebook page.
- Sunday, May 17 – BIKE TO WORSHIP
- Monday, May 18 – BIKE CHALLENGE DAY: Sign up for the National Bike Challenge. It’s free. It’s fun. You could win prizes!
- Tuesday, May 19 – TRAIL DAY: Ride a new or favorite bike trail in your area!
- Wednesday, May 20 – RIDE OF SILENCE: Ride in honor of those injured or killed and help raise awareness of our presence on the road and ask that we all share the road. Or raise a glass as part of the Bike for a Beer event.
- Thursday, May 21 – BIKE SAFETY DAY
- Friday, May 22 – BIKE TO WORK DAY: Save gas and enjoy the commute. Free showers at all YMCAs in the Fox Cities. Stop for a cup of coffee at one of three pit stops. Pit stops will be located at the Little Chute windmill near the intersection of Main Street and CTH N (coffee provided by Seth’s Coffee), at the west end of the College Avenue Bridge (coffee provided by Lawrence University/ACOCA Coffee), and the pavilion in Fritse Park at the west end of the Trestle Trail (coffee provided by Shelatte’s).
- Saturday, May 23 – FAMILY RIDE DAY: FREE ride starting at 11am in Fritse Park, going through Neenah and Menasha. All ages are welcome.
After Bike Week, check out other events on our Events page or our FCCA Facebook page.
Bike! Bingo is an exciting event that runs from May 17th – June 30th in the Fox Valley. Bike! Bingo is completely FREE and open to the public. Just ride your bike to businesses to get your card stamped and work your way towards bingo. Once you have bingo, you can ride to businesses to redeem your prizes (noted on back of bingo card). Keep riding to fill your entire bingo card and you will earn even more prizes, including entry into a drawing for a free bike fit (a $160 value). Start your summer off with super deals, amazing adventures and of course LOTS OF FREE PRIZES!!!
Check out our Bike! Bingo page for more details!
Did you miss our kickoff on Local 5 Live? You’re in luck, you can watch them here: segment 1 & segment 2
Fox Valley Bike Challenge
Click green logo above to sign up for the Fox Cities Challenge, part of the National Bike Challenge!
Or see our Fox Valley Bike Challenge page for more details.